Fringford C of E Primary School, The Green, Fringford, Bicester OX27 8DY
Closed Until Further Notice
We wish all our families the best of health in the coming weeks and months
At Fringford C of E Primary School, we aim to fulfil the requirements of the National Curriculum for Geography; providing a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum; ensuring the progressive development of geographical concepts, knowledge and skills. We aim to inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people and to equip pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes, and of the formation and use of landscapes and environments.
- To develop contextual knowledge of the location of globally significant places – both terrestrial and marine – including their defining physical and human characteristics and how these provide a geographical context for understanding the actions of processes.
- To understand the processes that give rise to key physical and human geographical features of the world, how these are interdependent and how they bring about spatial variation and change over time.
- To become competent in the geographical skills needed to:
collect, analyse and communicate with a range of data gathered through experiences of fieldwork that deepen their understanding of geographical processes
interpret a range of sources of geographical information, including maps, diagrams, globes, aerial photographs and Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
communicate geographical information in a variety of ways, including through maps, numerical and quantitative skills and writing at length.
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning in geography, we implement a curriculum that is progressive throughout the whole school.
- Geography is taught as part of a thematic curriculum, focusing on knowledge and skills stated in the National Curriculum.
- Geography teaching focuses on enabling children to think as geographers – with an emphasis on critical thinking.
- We provide a variety of opportunities for geography learning inside and outside the classroom, including high-quality educational visits, PE lessons and a residential trip in Years 5 and 6.
- Children acquire the appropriate age related knowledge and skills linked to the Geography Curriculum, which enables them to make good progress from their starting points.
Fringford C of E Primary School, The Green, Fringford, Bicester OX27 8DY T: 01869 277397
Site by Pinsah Design |
Copyright 2018 Fringford School.